** Alternatively you can use a fine edible marker, but you need to wait until the head is completely dry. If you draw the smile when the paste is still soft you will make indentations.
1. Use a very fine brush.
2. You can use either gel colour dissolved in a small amount of water or dust colour dissolved in a small amount of clear alcohol.
3. Test the thickness of the paste on a spare piece of paste – the paint shouldn’t be too watery, because it will dissolve the paste and you won’t be able to paint precise lines. It shouldn’t be too thick either, because you will get broken lines.
4. Apply a small amount of paint on the brush (take off the excess by rubbing the brush against the edge of the palette well).
5. To steady the hand place the palm of your hand on the table/board.
6. If something goes wrong and you need to erase some lines, use a clean, soft brush and a small amount of clear alcohol. Just don’t wait for the paint to dry and don’t apply too much alcohol on the brush (it needs to be damp, not wet). To remove the paint: